When the Budapest Stock Exchange was reopened, it started operating on the first floor of an 80-square-meter, windowless room on the first floor of an office building on Váci Street, which seems to be scarce for the people of Budapest. The charm of this stock exchange was given by the fact that brokers and journalists, principals and issuers, supervisory inspectors and stock exchange executives were almost close to the body. It was here that the personal relationships developed, which later, even in the more impersonal world of electronic commerce, held the network of the domestic capital market together. At the start, a local network of 12 PCs recorded and settled stock exchange transactions, which proved to be sufficient even in mid-1992 (the number of clients per day rarely reached fifty). Traders were initially separated from visitors who gave the majority of domestic private orders - the stock market was a few dozen young sports at the time - by only a symbolic rope cord, and the stock market leader had to warn some visitors and journalists which prohibited "any transfer of information between the broker and the visitors". That’s why the public phone booth in the hallway next to the stock exchange had a lot of traffic.
For 15 years the eclectic palace of the Pesti Hazai Első Takarékpénztár-Egyesület was home to the BSE on what today is known as Vörösmarty Square. The palace bordered by Váci Street and Deák Ferenc Street, was built between 1911 and 1915 to the designs of Ignác Alpár. The interior of the first and second floors was made out of high quality materials such as marble from Siena and French escalette. The ornate wooden doors, the meeting hall, and the layout of the foyer were prepared in regal splendor according to the designs of Ödön Faragó, the interior sections of the building are enveloped in the glory of Miksa Róth’s breathtaking stained glass windows. The facade reliefs and sculptures come from the workshop of Géza Maróti, and depict mythological gods and stories. Since 1933 it is registered as a part of UNESCO’s World Heritage, and is a historically preserved building.
In February 2015 the BSE moved to new permises to the Szabadság Square. The current offices of BSE are located in the financial centre of Budapest, near the historical Exchange Palace.